Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Canungra Classic Day 4

Today was tricky to pick the right hill to launch from to get the whole field off. Beechmont was the call, so we raced up to launch and set up in light winds. A 95.5km task was called with two turnpoints and a goal at Lake Moogerah. It was a hard day to get up and many pilots bombed out on thier first flights. I was as low as I have ever been today at Beechmont and got back up. Lake Moogerah Goal Field. The top 8 pilots in front of me did not launch in the push as many were bombing out. I took off got up from very low made the first start time and flew bymyself the whole way to goal. Many Gliders at goal. It was great day out many pilots made goal including 6 from re-flights. I won the day in 2hrs and Rohan was 2nd taking the 12:15 start time with a 2hrs 10min time. Tomorrow we have similar weather forecast so hopefully we will have another great day here in Canungra. Daniel Shaw First Goal...