Friday, August 21, 2009

Brasilia day 5

Well the cold front is arriving here today and after a 1.5hr drive to launch to check the conditions it was decided to have rest day. The wind was quite strong at times from over the back and there is only one takeoff here in Brasilia.
Everyone waiting on launch for a decision to be made.
I have done now about 12 competitions here and I think I have only ever seen it cancelled once before for this same reason. Im not sure what the weather will do the next couple of days but we could have the same problem with wind tomorow.
Saturday is supposed to be from the ENE again but with chance of rain, so we will just have to wait and see if we fly.
As you can see here the wind is not in our favour. Cloudbase is at about 3,000m again.