Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Day 3

Here is a couple of pics I took today me at the start clowning around before I nearly landed and Atilla at goal after we landed.... Would you trust this man???? Well today was not looking good with strong winds predicted from the north we went up to mystic. There was lots of cirrus and this stage not much wind so decided on a task to ovens then back across to running creek then to Mt Beauty airstrip. It was a difficult day I nearly landed before the start but got back up from real low and started 30 mins late on the last start. The field was quite spread out today with some pilots making the first start and the others just starting when they could. Steve moyes had a great start and was now nearly 20kms in front of me with the same start time. I thought oh well at least I did not land at the start so everything is a bonus to me now so just make goal. As I rounded the first turnpoint I flew onto Myrtleford hill and hit 700 up to 2200 m I was now only 5kms or so behind atilla and Philthy among others. We all did a long glide toward the Pinnacles and Phil call me into a 1-200up which was enough to climb 300 m and get me to the 2nd TP and over to the Keiwa wall. I was gliding in to Atilla and Phil who had been climbing there for some time in light lift, as I approached they left and headed down the valley towards goal. I could not follow them as I was a lot lower so I went into the north bowl on Mt Tawonga and was rewarded with 4-500up. I kept a close on the boys and saw them hit a light thermal on Mt York 14kms out from goal so I quickly dove off after them and arrived just below Atilla and level with Phil and Jon. We climbed a couple of hundred metres and then when my 4030 Race told me to leave I left and the rest followed. Atilla was right beside me and we took turns of being in front on the final but when it came to the crunch it was me that got victory over him by like 2 seconds. Jon and Phil will come in just behind us. Dave seib was first to goal but Steve Moyes was only 5 minutes and did the last start so he will win the day by 20 odd minutes. There were only 9 pilots to make goal and some of the usal faces were missing in action.....