Thursday, July 21, 2011

World Championships Day 2

The competition put on a dinner for us last night in castle close by Sigillo township. The castle was turned into a hotel for people to stay at. We all enjoyed a smorgasboard of light snacks followed by wine from their celler. We thought maybe if we had a big night of partying it would lead to flying the next day.
We woke up to another day of trees blowing over. This was the worse day we have seen for wind since I arrived 1 week ago. After a quick meeting this morning the day was cancelled and the 150 pilots were free to enjoy another day in central Italy.
I went golfing today to try my luck out there in the 40 knts of wind but have decided that I should stick to hang gliding. It was a great golf course situated around a beautiful castle. I am hoping the we will get to fly tomorrow.